A New Itch to “Scratch”

Hello, Brittney Sprague here, and this is my video reflection over “Teaching Kids To Think Using Scratch“. I really enjoyed this video, and learned so many new and exciting things!

The most significant thing I will take away from this video is the overall knowledge of Scratch. I had not ever heard of it before this video, and it looks really fun and cool. I know that children enjoy it by seeing the children in the videos response. I’m already ready to start playing around with it myself.

This video obviously relates to my life because I’m a teacher candidate, and need to decided what technology I’m going to bring into my future classroom. One day soon I will be able to present Scratch or other programs to my class. It’s time for me to learn something about all the different programs that are out there. I’ve already learned so much from this class that I didn’t know. I hadn’t considered using a program to make puzzels, or games, or criticle thinking problems before, but I’m glad I’ve now been introduced to it. It’s really opened my eyes to how oblivious I’ve been about resources thus far.

This was a great informational video. I loved how he went through the steps of how to use Scratch. I feel as if I were to download this program now I would be able to jump right in. I would definatly like to use Scratch in my future classroom. It seems to be a great addition to the classroom, and a great way to introduce problem solving to younger children. I could image using this in the future.

PS: I couldn’t get the video to embed in this blog. Strange, because I was able to embed the video from last week.

Three of the most important people in my life: Matthew (6), Anthony (5), Jaidah (3). My little brothers and sister.